The University Staff Excellence Award recognizes staff members who have achieved excellence while demonstrating dedication and commitment to the university’s Mission, Vision and Values in support of the University Plan 2025. In 2021, the program gave special recognition to those individuals who made exceptional contributions through the unexpected challenges of the pandemic, enabling the university to succeed through these extraordinary times. This year they received 41 nominations for this award.
Congratulations to the five award recipients who are all ASPA members as well:
- Yvette Arcand, Acting Director, the Indian Teacher Education Program, College of Education
- Wendy James, Manager, Professional and Curriculum Development, Gwenna Moss Centre for Teaching and Learning
- Majak Mapiour, Chemical and Biological Engineering Laboratory Coordinator, College of Engineering
- Kurtis Swekla, Acting University Veterinarian and Director of Animal Ethics, Office of the Vice President Research
- Carrie Verishagen, Director, Eat Well Saskatchewan, College of Pharmacy and Nutrition