Have you ever wondered how a Collective Agreement gets negotiated and would you like to learn more or perhaps be a member of the ASPA Bargaining team?
ASPA is looking for a few good people. No previous experience is required. We are looking for ASPA members with diverse strengths and from multiple areas of campus.
Are you someone who:
- Has an interest in negotiations, dare we say a passion
- Is eager to learn about the process of negotiating a Collective Agreement
- Has an interest in understanding the University culture and organizational structure
- Is interested in the collective whole and how ASPA can protect and enhance its rights
- An interest or skills in any of the following: strategy games, problem solving, budgeting/accounting/finance, social engagement, communications, building community, social justice, juggling (hey, sometimes we need to relieve stress), stats, research, legal reading/writing.
- An interest in professional development opportunities in the areas of negotiations and collective bargaining.
If this has peaked your interest and you would like to find out more then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 16th. The time commitment has not been finalized but our best guess is that it would be roughly 1 day a month over a period of about eight to ten months.
Interested individuals will be contacted following February 18th and provided with more information. An expression of interest will not mean that you are on the 2019 ASPA Bargaining Team. If you have questions please do not hesitate to contact Darcy Hryn – Bird, ASPA Member Services Officer at email@example.com or 306-966-7392.
On behalf of Peter Krebs, President ASPA, Dawn Giesbrecht, Vice President ASPA, and LaVina Watts, Vice President ASPA